Robin Hood Swim Club is your own summer backyard located in the Sherwood Forest neighborhood of Silver Spring.
The club is situated on a quiet residential cul-de-sac and provides a family oriented center of activity for families and individuals of all ages.
Our brand new pool and updated grounds provide ample space to enjoy the lazy days of summer, connect with old friends and make new ones.
Facilities & Amenities
Robin Hood has a wide range of activities beyond just swimming. Volleyball, tennis, basketball, kids’ playground, chess & corn hole are among the favorite non-water pastimes in the Hood.
Additionally we have several Social Events throughout the summer that bring together members, families and friends to celebrate, relax and enjoy being at Robin Hood.
- Full size, competitive (25 meters) pool with dedicated lap lanes, shallow play area and a 12 ft. deep diving well with two competition grade boards as well as a slide.
- The Kiddie Pool is fenced off for toddlers and small children and has ample room for parents to sit and talk while watching their little ones in a safe protected environment.
Swim & Dive Teams
Each Year, Robin Hood fields both an A & B Swim Team and Dive Team. This year our A swim team will compete in Division E and our dive team in Division III. Both teams did very well last year and are moving up a division for the 2016 season!
The swim team atmosphere is exciting and supportive complete with Friday pep rallies each week, Saturday morning A meets, Wednesday B meets, and Sunday afternoon Dive meets.
Group Swim Lessons are available for both children and adults.
The Social Side of the Hood
There is a Social Event for everyone in the Hood. Friday evening wine and cheese, movie nights, pep rallies, golf outing, whatever your speed is, you can find it happening at Robin Hood. All members are invited to our club-wide social events on special summer holidays. Bring your family and friends too!
The Pavilion can be rented for special events, birthday parties, team get-to-together or any other reason you want to celebrate! Close to our two large charcoal grills, with electricity and picnic tables, the Pavilion is a great place for any party.
Hours of Operation
Early & Late Season (During School Year)
Monday - Thursday: 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Fridays: 3:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Weekends & Holidays: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Summer Season (June 18 – September 2)
11:00 am – 9:00 pm Daily
11:00 am – 5:00 pm 4th of July
Pool Rules & Regulations
Robin Hood has established Pool Rules & Regulations to ensure an enjoyable, safe recreation for all members and guests. You are responsible for knowing and abiding by them. Violation of the rules can result in suspension or termination of your membership.
Top 10 Pool Rules
1. OBEY YOUR GUARDS - they are here for your safety.
2. Clean up after yourself.
3. If a child can't pass the swim test an adult must be in the pool with him/her
4. No running on pool deck.
5. Guests must be accompanied by a pool member. You are responsible for your guests and their behavior.
6. No glass containers.
7. Feet first on the slide. No head first sliding.
8. Tight fitting waterproof pants must be worn by all children who are not toilet trained.
9. Proper bathing attire must be worn in the pool. No street clothes allowed.
10. No flotation devices.
If you observe a safety violation or an unsafe condition, please report it immediately to a lifeguard or pool manager. Thank you for your cooperation and have fun!
Robin Hood Swim Club is located in Sherwood Forest neighborhood of Silver Spring, Maryland.
225 Mowbray Road
Silver Spring MD 20904
Due to the large numbers of children in the nearby streets and on the parking lot, drivers are requested to proceed slowly and carefully. Park only in designated areas and use street parking (one side only) when the lot is full.
Use the Westover Elementary School parking lot as alternative parking. 225 Mowbray Road Silver Spring, MD 20904.