Hello, Members and friends. We hope you are enjoying your beautiful fall season. This is a fairly slow time for pools, but here is the latest on our beloved Robin Hood:
- We had a very successful annual meeting on October 19th, but were sorry to see that more people weren’t able to come. The Board prepared an extensive slide deck with recaps, updates and future plans. See attached.
- Two new Board members were elected: Jennifer Bauer and Evan Caldwell. In addition Kristen Wendel and Steve Nichols were confirmed and will stay on the Board until their terms end. This new Board will take the helm December 1.
- Rebuild Robin Hood has raised $166,600 of the $250,000 goal, a fundraising goal that the bank requires us to meet by the time the rebuild project is completed.
- Only 97 members of the total 260 members have donated so far; that is 37%. The remaining has been raised through alumni, businesses, events and other pools. We aren’t just members, we are the owners of this community gem; please donate. Don’t assume others will make it happen….go to www.robinhoodpool.com and donate now. You can also send a check to Teresa Smith. Any amount will help, large or small.
- Get your family’s name on a commemorative brick by contributing $400, or for a limited time, a large special edition brick by contributing $1,000. (All donors who have given $1,000 or more already will receive this very special brick!) Go online to complete the form and email it to email@example.com , or send it to Janet Dailey or Colleen Slear.
- The best way to bring in new members is to talk it up! Please take these next few months to recruit at least one new family to our pool. Talk to neighbors, friends, teammates, classmates, etc…Not only is it the right thing to do, but it may be worth money to you too!
- We received final approved permits on October 17th and construction repairs have begun. See the slide deck for details, or walk by the pool to see for yourselves.
- The Board, under Don Collins, is creating a Capital Improvement Committee to address future needs of the facility, other than the pool itself. More information will be coming on this.